Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Say Anything » Obama Caught Fibbing About His Record On Regulations » Say Anything

Say Anything » Obama Caught Fibbing About His Record On Regulations » Say Anything

Obama Caught Fibbing About His Record On Regulations

Written By:
Rob Port


Recently President Barack Obama claimed that he had “approved fewer regulations in the first three years of my presidency than my Republican predecessor did in his.” To be certain, George W. Bush was no paragon of limited government virtue, but Obama’s statement if true would seem to undermine Republican claims that he’s a big government liberal.
But it turns out that Obama’s statement isn’t true. Like all the best lies, it takes a grain of truth and wraps it in a shroud of falsehood. The University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg Public Policy Center notes that while George W. Bush did approve 45 more regulations than Obama did in his first term, the impact of Bush’s regulations were $4.2 billion. The impact of Obama’s regulations were $18.9 billion.
“It’s like saying I am better read than my friend because I read three vampire novels to his one War and Peace,” the video says. “I guess I could say that stuff, but it’d be pretty embarrassing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment