Wednesday, October 23, 2019

What are the chances?

What are the chances?

People I am driving through Wyoming about 30 miles from Casper our daughter has had to pee for over 20 min and we decide she can’t hold it any longer. I say to Trevor pull over right up here. I help her pee (she is 7!) I’m helping her into the car when I hear someone scream. I say out loud to Trevor I just heard a scream. I get Jake in the car and hear a second (muffled) scream. People! I was paper thin close to leaving without knowing what that sounds was. I felt my feet rooted to the ground and I started walking towards that sound. I got to the top of a hill and there was a little boy sitting on the ground crying. He had to have been 3 years old or less. I look around and no houses, cars or parents in sight. He has a dog with him, I climb the fence and see that he has stepped in a cactus plant and lost his shoe. That’s why he was crying at that exact moment. We had been delayed this morning in many instances. We had just barely miles behind been posed with the opportunity to go left or right to get to the same destination. We chose left, not our usual. If we had pulled off 50 feet behind or ahead of that exact point I could not have heard him, it was really windy. I climbed the fence scooped him into my arms and started walking to the car asking him “where is your mom and dad, where is your house. He kept pointing in the same direction. So we got his Dog loaded and drove down the road in the direction he pointed. We see a beautiful cabin hidden in the hills we find the driveway and head towards the house. It was his house. His dad was really surprised to see us, shaken to the core. I’ll never know if his mama was taking a nap or busy thinking he was close by playing outside. He crossed a highway, passed a huge pond and crossed through the fence. Must have been over a mile away from his house. Our paths cross for a reason! Today was just as big of a lesson for me to learn from as it will be for that boy and his parents. I almost drove away without finding out what that sound was. I’m shaking an hour later because of how scared I would be loosing my baby. And of how serious this situation was. And how close I came to walking away. I had to climb a big hill, he was crying at that exact moment. Stepping on that cactus plant could have possibly saved his life. Timing. I feel like I was on Gods time today. Please fallow through with thoughts, feelings and intuition, it can save lives and answer prayers. Much love to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment