Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Here is the spaghetti sauce recipe that I promised you

Here is the spaghetti sauce recipe that I promised you
Brown 3 lbs of ground beef in large skillet
Remove all grease after frying.
ADD:
1 Medium onion chopped
3 or 4 cloves of garlic minced
I cook onion with ground beef for a bit then add the garlic (to the side of the pan) to release the oils of the garlic.. then mix in with the ground beef and onion mixture for a bit
Salt and Pepper to taste
THEN ADD
1 large can of tomato sauce (1 lb can)
1 small can of tomato paste
Mix well then add 4 BAY LEAVES to the sauce. ONLY SPICE USED.
I also add sugar to taste .. (don't like bitter sauce)
Let it simmer until it gets thick.... I cook on medium.

That is all there is to it. I found that Oregano was tough on my tummy. SO.. love the sauce but couldn't handle the spice
This doesn't bother my tummy AND it is yummy
REMEMBER to remove the Bay Leaves before you serve.
I also don't like my sauce mixed with my spaghetti so I put the sauce on top.
A simple recipe that tastes delish.
Let me know if you have questions or how you like it
It is rather easy to make. AND leftover you can freeze for next time.
ENJOY

No comments:

Post a Comment