Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Judge Napolitano: Orwellian ‘Net Neutrality’ Anything But Neutral “The next step would be to regulate content.” | AgainstCronyCapitalism.org

Judge Napolitano: Orwellian ‘Net Neutrality’ Anything But Neutral “The next step would be to regulate content.”

Judge Napolitano: Orwellian ‘Net Neutrality’ Anything But Neutral “The next step would be to regulate content.”

"I am your new ISP administrator. I am here to keep things fair."
“I am your new administrator. I am here to keep things fair.”
The Internet is the freest place on earth and it is awesome. I’ve been using it now for over 20 years (that is crazy, my dad for nearly 40 – no kidding) and I still catch myself thinking what a miracle it is. It is a revolution. It is the printing press cubed. And it scares the HELL out of the establishment.

I don’t want the government getting more involved in the Internet. It may have enabled a small group of scientists to build the most basic of skeletons (though private individuals “invented” the Internet) but the rest of cyberspace was created by private enterprise pretty much entirely. It is the free market of ideas. It is wonderful.
The government does not like free markets. The government fears free markets. The government fears you. Seriously. John Kerry recently said that the Internet made governing more difficult.  Why? Because it empowers you and me.
The government is trying to sell Net regulation as “neutrality” and many people have bought it. But the next step will be for government to regulate content. That is almost a guarantee. Bye freedom. Bye free market of ideas. Hello nanny state.
Some people will poo poo this of course. They are convinced that the regulators will “do the right thing.” Neutrality makes things “fairer.”
Sorry, but that isn’t what government does. They say they make things “fairer.” That’s always the pitch. That or “it’s for the kids.”  But the government is interested in control, not “fairness.”
I don’t like or trust Comcast either, but I like them and trust them more than the government.
Napolitano agrees.*

No comments:

Post a Comment