Thursday, July 15, 2010

American Thinker Blog: How Can I Prove I am Not a Racist?

July 15, 2010

How Can I Prove I am Not a Racist?

Deanna Rogers

How do you prove you are not a racist? I, my husband, and several members of my family have attended several Tea Party events and rallies, including a rally of over 100,000 in Washington, D.C. last September. According to the NAACP, and many members of the Democrat party establishment, my family and I are either racists ourselves, or we are tacitly supporting and enabling other racists in the Tea Party. So how do we defend our honor?

Is it proof that I am not racist that I served for several years as a literacy tutor in the African-American community in Columbia, SC? Is it proof that I am not a racist that my family attends a Baptist church in Wendell that has members of multiple races? Is it proof that I am not a racist when my family co-sponsored a black mother and her two children at Christmas last year and that my white son chose all the toys and clothes for her black son based on their common love for all things Bakugan and sports? Is it proof that we are not racist that we invite our Hispanic employee and his wife to join us on our family vacation at the beach? Or how about that my family includes members of several races on the approved NAACP list, and that I have close relationships with those family members?

Seriously, how can I prove to the NAACP and its members and supporters that my family and I are not racists? Have any of these accusers been to a Tea Party meeting, rally, or event? Have they seen the black, white, and Hispanic attendees who sit together, laugh together, and share conversation about fiscal responsibility or lower taxes? Or are the liberal name-callers jumping on the bandwagon to condemn all Tea Party members out of hand? Can any of the NAACP members and supporters "prove" that any racist events have actually happened?

Why are my family and I subjected to condemnation and the extreme insult of being labeled "racist" and then forced to either submit to the derogatory term or try (desperately and futilely) to defend ourselves from the slur? Why are so many members of the Democrat party and the NAACP comfortable with labeling all members of the Tea Party as "racist"? Who are the bigots now?

2 comments:

  1. Nobody at the NAACP said YOU are a racist. But if you choose to be blind to the fact (look at pictures of signs at Tea party gatherings) that there are people using Tea party as cover for there dislike not of a President, but of a Black President and their likening him from a monkey to Hitler and if you choose not to join the NAACP in decrying racial bigotry in politics than you are silently reinforcing this despicable behavior that seems to want to continue for the sake of votes in November. After all, racists vote too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great. Please tell me then why are you not joining with the NAACP in condemning racism in politics. Rather this is another it's not me" it's other people" BS rant.

    ReplyDelete