Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Team Obama Lies About Nastiest & Most Vicious Campaign Ad In History : Freedom Outpost

Team Obama Lies About Nastiest & Most Vicious Campaign Ad In History : Freedom Outpost


Team Obama Lies About Nastiest & Most Vicious Campaign Ad In History

article-0-146D0CC5000005DC-120_634x349
What has been labeled the nastiest, most vicious ad of the 2012 campaign so far is not only a lie, but the Obama campaign lied about knowing about the man in the ad, which was produced by a pro-Obama SuperPAC. Priorities USA released the ad which basically claims that Mitt Romney is responsible for the man in the ad, Joe Soptic, losing his wife to cancer. The title of the ad is “Understands.”
According to the ad, Mr. Soptic was laid off from GST Steel, which was owned by Romney’s company Bain and as a result he lost his health benefits.
Here’s how the ad reads:
When Mitt Romney and Bain closed the plant, I lost my healthcare, and my family lost their healthcare. And a short time after that my wife became ill.
I don’t know how long she was sick and I think maybe she didn’t say anything because she knew that we couldn’t afford the insurance, and then one day she became ill and I took her up to the Jackson County Hospital and admitted her for pneumonia and that’s when they found the cancer and by then it was stage four. It was, there was nothing they could do for her.
And she passed away in 22 days.
I do not think Mitt Romney realizes what he’s done to anyone, and furthermore I do not think Mitt Romney is concerned.
Understand that Mr. Soptic is also the same individual that the Obama campaign used in its very first Bain Capital attack ad.
Now Team Obama is claiming they did not know the story of Joe Soptic. Fox News reports,
Asked about the spot, Obama campaign adviser Robert Gibbs stressed that the super PAC is not connected to the campaign.
“This is an ad by an entity that’s not controlled by campaign. I certainly don’t know the specifics of this man’s case,” he said on MSNBC.
Under questioning, he said again: “I don’t know the specifics of this person’s case.”
Obama campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said on CNN,
“I don’t know the facts about when Mr. Soptic’s wife got sick, or the facts about his health insurance.”
All of this is simply lies. The Obama campaign has known all along about Mr. Soptic’s story. They not only ran the previous video, but they started a website RomneyEconomics.com in which they displayed numerous slides on Mitt Romney, GST Steel and Joe Soptic.
According to Politico the campaign even had a conference call with Mr. Soptic.
On the May 14 Obama campaign call, Soptic detailed his wife’s illness and death.
“After we lost our jobs we found out that we were going to lose our health insurance and that our pensions hadn’t been funded like Bain promised they would be,” Soptic said then. “I was lucky enough to find another job as a custodian in a local school district. That gave me some health insurance but I couldn’t afford to buy it for my wife. A little while later she was diagnosed with lung cancer. I had to put her in a county hospital because she didn’t have health care. And when the cancer took her away, all I got was an enormous bill. That put a lot of stress on me. I thought I would be paying it off until I died myself.”
While there may be questions surrounding all sorts of issues with Mitt Romney, this one is definitely a shot below the belt. It is outrageous that a sitting president would sink to such despicable advertising and that those who support him would do so, but I suppose we’ve come to expect this from the Democrat Party and their minions.

Read more: http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/08/team-obama-lies-about-nastiest-most-vicious-campaign-ad-in-history/#ixzz231bvO7Ej

No comments:

Post a Comment