Tuesday, June 9, 2015

How to Transfer VHS Tapes to Your Computer

How to Transfer VHS Tapes to Your Computer

How to Transfer VHS Tapes to Your Computer

VHSTransfer 
If you’re like me you probably have a ton of VHS tapes gathering dust in some drawer. I’ve been afraid I would loose my old family videos to obsolescence if I didn’t get them into digital format. I just had a baby girl and someday I want to show her videos of when my brother and I were just children. When her grandparents were young and we all packed into the wood-paneled station wagon for family vacations off to Yellowstone or Disneyland. So I was excited when I found the video below which shows you how to transfer your VHS videos to your computer. From there you can store them on a thumb drive or the cloud for safekeeping for future generations.
The video highlights one product that is about $75 on Amazon but there are other converters you can find at Amazon for around $20. Also Amanda in the comments mentioned that Walgreens will transfer VHS to digital for $25 per tape as an alternative. Guessing CVS, and RiteAid may offer this a well.

No comments:

Post a Comment