Monday, August 19, 2013

Liberal Reaction to the Missouri Rodeo Clown is Akin to the Radical Muslim Response to a Mohammed Cartoon - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Liberal Reaction to the Missouri Rodeo Clown is Akin to the Radical Muslim Response to a Mohammed Cartoon - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Liberal Reaction to the Missouri Rodeo Clown is Akin to the Radical Muslim Response to a Mohammed Cartoon

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: This Missouri clown situation is so out of hand and out of proportion, and I'm gonna tell you what this is like, and I'm not gonna pull any punches.  This is no different than those countries reacting freakishly when there were cartoons of the prophet Mohammed.  That is exactly what this is.  It is as though President Obama is a messiah or is a god and this little thing that happened at the Missouri State Fair is a defamation, a denunciation, almost a religious sacrilege that took place.
 He's the president of the United States!  They get made fun of!  They get laughed at all the time!  Fun is poked at 'em.  I know this happens to be the first African-American one, but that should not insulate this president from standard, ordinary, everyday treatment, analysis, whatever.  You know, you people on the left, who the hell do you think you are?  You can't laugh. You can't take a joke. You can't take a punch. You can't take anything.  One little thing that you don't like and this clown can never work, everybody involved is resigning, the state of Missouri might secede from the union.  I mean, where's this gonna end?  Well, I'm joking about the state of Missouri seceding, bit I wouldn't be surprised if that was the next thing.
If I were the president of the United States and this was happening in the country that I was president, I would put a stop to this.  This is infantile.  This is childish.  This is worse than political correctness.  It's almost as though the president of the United States is a religious leader. What took place at the Missouri State Fair was with a clown.  I mean, it wasn't as though some serious journalist or political analyst went out there in an Obama mask.  It wasn't like a Democrat doing a minstrel show, like good old Mel Carnahan did back in 1960 in Missouri.
I mean, this is over the top.  And the way people are caving on this in Missouri, instead of standing up and pointing out this for what it is.  This wasn't a sacrilege; it's a joke, for crying out loud.  And presidents are laughed at, and they're poked fun of.  Ask George W. Bush.  Ask Ronald Reagan.  Ask George H. W. Bush.  Ask Clinton, for crying out loud. 
This burns me.  This is outrageous.  This is no different than what happened in all those countries that had the cartoons of the prophet and militant Muslims had a cow over it, went nuts.  It's exactly what's happening here.  What do we have, a president of the United States who is above all this?  We have a president who's above criticism, above being mocked, above being laughed at?  We have not just a president, we have an entire Democrat political party and the American left which thinks that they are so damn special that they cannot be mocked, they cannot be made fun of.
There's a great quote by C. S. Lewis. You know who C. S. Lewis was.  See, if I even quote C. S. Lewis I'll get myself in a little bit of trouble here.  I'd have to paraphrase.  I don't have it right in front of me.  C. S. Lewis said the devil can't stand being made fun of.  The devil can't stand being mocked.  He actually used the word "mocked."  You people on the left, I know you don't have the capacity for shame, but this is just absolutely -- a clown now fearing for his life?  Everybody involved in the fair quitting.  The state of Missouri acting like it's profoundly embarrassed to be alive.  A bunch of people with nothing better on their hands to do, running around trying to make a federal, big, gigantic issue out of this.

Who cares if it was offensive.  To who?  Haven't heard Obama complain about it.  It's like I'm saying, if I were the president of the United States, and I saw what this was doing, I'd put a stop to it.  The next time I was on TV, I'd reference it. I'd have a smile on my face, I'd laugh about it, and I'd have everybody calm down.  A little leadership.  But, no, this guy, I am convinced he's right in there with all this punishment.  He's right in there with all these people being taken out because of this, because he's above being made fun of, he's above being mocked, he's above being criticized.  I have no doubt about that.
Now, folks, this dovetails into something else.  There's something happening out there, I don't want to make too big a deal of this, but for four and a half years -- well, let's give it four years.  Six months people signed on and willing to see what happened.  Yeah, the C. S. Lewis quote is "The devil, that proud spirit, cannot endure to be mocked."  That's C. S. Lewis.  So don't get mad at me, stupid idiots in the media and on the left.  Take it up with C. S. Lewis.  Now, for four years, let's be generous, three and a half years.  Practically every one of you in this audience have been asking, "When are people gonna wake up in this country and realize what is being made to happen?  When are people gonna realize that what is happening is not simply a normal evolution of events, but rather the result of policy?  When are people gonna wake up?"
And I said not long ago, don't look for some major tsunami type, tumultuous political event.  It isn't gonna be that.  And then I told a little joke, no doubt irritated the left.  I said, it's gonna be something along the lines of Obama dissing the latest CD from Justin Timberlake and ticking off the low-information crowd.  Folks, there are series of things out there -- I'll go into them in some detail.  Yesterday, we had the audio of Kris Jenner, the Kardashian mother ripping into Obama for making fun of her daughter.  Obama was holding up her daughter and her husband as examples of how not to be.
So the president can dish it out, but he can't take it, and his defenders can't take it, and his party can't take it.  You imagine being wound so damn tight that what happens at the State Fair in Missouri -- this is all race.  Everybody knows this is all race.  You put Bill Clinton in the White House and put that clown with the Clinton mask on there, and it doesn't even make the news.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Jennifer in Downingtown, Pennsylvania.  Great to have you on the EIB Network.  You're up first today.  Thank you for waiting.
CALLER:  Thank you, and thank you for having me on the air, Mr. Limbaugh.  Just a quick point about our president and the rodeo clown.  Shame on the rodeo clown for doing the event, and, you know, shame on everyone who's having so many problems with this, because as I'm sure you remember, back when the campaign was in full swing for presidency, Sarah Palin was hung in effigy over, I think it was Halloween.
RUSH:  Let me tell you, there were assassination books and movies about George W. Bush.  There have been Halloween clown costumes for Obama, Halloween costumes for Bush.  This is common.  I do remember.  That's what I'm saying, I agree with you.
CALLER:  Yes.
RUSH:  Is there more?  Did I interrupt you or is there more?
CALLER:  You know, I just wanted to point that out and, you know, I mean, did Mr. Obama --
RUSH:  Well, you started out by saying shame on the clown.  Why?
CALLER:  That's a good question.
RUSH:  That's why I thought there might be more.
CALLER:  Yeah.  No.
RUSH:  You started out ripping the clown a new one, and then you started making excuses for the clown.  So I thought there was additional wisdom forthcoming.
CALLER:  Yeah, I just think it's not a wise thing to do.  However, I'm just wondering if Mr. Obama had anything to say about Sarah Palin hanging in effigy.

RUSH:  Here's the thing about this.  We've got people out there that are -- do we have a call about this?  Somebody called and said it was like the KKK out there?  Jennifer, thanks for the call.  I appreciate it.  Somebody that was at the state fair is describing it like a KKK rally.  Now, come on, folks.  This is getting so far out of hand.  This, as I said at the top of the program, this clown has now been banned for life.  We have put a man in jail for supposedly producing an anti-Muslim video that caused four deaths in Benghazi, that he had nothing to do with.  In the Netherlands, we had the Mohammed cartoons, and all hell broke loose. These are the people out there preaching tolerance. We've gotta be tolerant of gay marriage. We have to be tolerant of this, tolerant of that, tolerant of all this crap.
They are the most intolerant, and they have absolutely no sense of humor.  They cannot take a punch. They cannot take a joke.  And not only can they not take it, they then embark on an effort to ruin the lives of people who do nothing more than harmlessly offend them.  Full disclosure, I have not seen anything but a still picture of this clown.  I've not seen the act, I haven't watched any video, 'cause I'm not big on website video.  It's just me.  I've not watched it.  Just seen the still.  And it's clear to me what this is all about.  This is all about race.  And it's all about the fact that we're not gonna make fun of the first black president.  If this were Bill Clinton in the White House and that clown had put on a Clinton mask, this would not have even been a story.
Now we've got these people running around, everybody scared to death, running around in literal fear if they don't get on the bandwagon that the clown needs to be destroyed the fair needs to be shut down, and Missouri needs to secede from the country.  This is no different than this irrational reaction to the Mohammed cartoons.  It's exactly what this is.  This is just absurd.  This is so over the top.  It really bothers me, the whole scope of censorship and the First Amendment.  The idea of people unable to laugh at themselves.  And I'll tell you the real thing here.  The president of the United States is sitting here watching this kind of thing rip the country apart, and he could shut it down, he could stop it.
But this guy, Barack Obama, he can't laugh at himself, and that isn't gonna happen.  He's above it all, folks, you don't dare.  I think we're dealing with somebody literally spoiled rotten from the early days of their lives, and this is embarrassing.  The whole event, the whole thing, reaction to it, the thing that happened.  But this clown is a comedian, a freaking rodeo, they don't even do rodeos anymore except for jokes.  It's a fair exercise.  A clown, for crying out loud.  This clown couldn't hold a candle to some of the stuff Bill Maher has said.  And nobody makes a move on Bill Maher to shut him up and ruin him and get him thrown off the air and HBO canceled and all that.
This clown has been banned for life.  Think about that.  A rodeo clown.  A rodeo clown has been banned for life.  The only people worse than this clown are people that smoke.  Meanwhile, A-Rod continues to play for the New York Yankees.  Well, I just thought I'd throw that in there.  I won't be surprised if this clown gets thrown in jail like the filmmaker was, Nakoula Nakoula, who made the anti-Mohammed video.  Obama tried to blame that for the Benghazi attack.  Why didn't he just drone the state fair instead of going through all this?  Obama could just launch a drone and have the drone attack the state fair and show Missouri what's what.  This is what happens when you dare criticize or laugh at our Dear Leader.
So here's another job destroyed because of Obama, which we ought to be used to by now.  If I were Obama, you know, I'd be bigger than this.  I would pardon the clown, and I would turn it around, and if you want to make it look like something silly and ridiculous and childish, Obama could do that, put this thing in its place, and humiliate everybody involved and be done with it and make it a positive event, instead of the way this is all happening.  This is just outrageous to me.  I think the president needs to do something for Oprah, too.  It's all falling apart for Oprah.
We need a bag summit at the White House.  We need the store clerk brought to Martha's Vineyard from Switzerland, need Oprah taken up there, and the store clerk and Oprah and Obama have a bag summit in the backyard of this place he's renting.  Isn't that how they've solved problems like this in the past?  I don't know, folks.  I mean, this is hysteria.  That's what this is.  This is hysteria, because of this Missouri state fair thing, and it's the same kind of hysteria we get when somebody insults Mohammed.  And I just thought, when did we become a country on the same level as that?  At the end of the day this was harmless, and now they're talking, "Well, it promoted violence"?  Oh, give me a break.  It was a rodeo clown.  Promoted violence.
So we have here: "The president of the Missouri Rodeo Cowboy Association has resigned after getting flak about a State Fair event. ... An attorney for rodeo announcer said that his resignation from the group is not an acknowledgment of wrongdoing on his part but rather a protest that the association has not banned the rodeo clown." So the announcer is resigning in protest the clown hasn't been banned, and now the clown has been.
What a bunch of gutless, cover-your-ass wonders we have here.  Ficken is the announcer.  Mark Ficken.  His resignation from the rodeo group "comes as he tries to hold on to his job as superintendent of the Boonville School District. The school system announced Monday that it is hiring an investigator to look into whether Ficken was involved in any 'inappropriate conduct' during Saturday's bull riding event at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia."  Utter irrational hysteria here. 
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH:  And here's the piece de resistance.  Missouri officials are now saying that before they take part in any future state fair, the Missouri Rodeo Cowboy Association must provide evidence to the director of the Missouri state fair that they have proof that all officials and subcontractors have successfully participated in sensitivity training.  I kid you not.  This is like the ChiComs and their reeducation camps, and I am not exaggerating.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: By the way, one more little tidbit on this rodeo clown thing out of the Missouri state fair.  Did you hear the worst thing the rodeo clown called Obama?  He called him a goober.  I'm not kidding.  The rodeo clown -- has this guy been identified yet, or is he still -- okay.  He has been outed.  Doesn't matter.  He's never gonna get another job as a clown or anything else.  I'm looking at the picture now, I think it's funny.  I'm sorry.  I think it's hilarious.  Just looking at that.  See, I happen to like satire, parody, and caricature.  I happen to be an expert at it.
At any rate, he called him a goober.  I did not know that goober was a racist word.  You know what a goober is?  It's a peanut, like Jimmy Carter.  Goober, it's a certain kind of peanut.  You know, there are different grades of peanuts.  There are the kinds of peanuts that end up in a Planters can on your cocktail table, and then there are the rotgut peanuts that end up in peanut butter.  And I think the kind of goobers that Jimmy Carter -- he was a peanut farmer, and his peanuts went into peanut butter.  That's what a goober is, for those of you in Rio Linda.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH:  Wouldn't it be great if the media would spend as much time on Obama's failed health care as they are on the rodeo clown story?  Well, we can dream. 
END TRANSCRIPT

No comments:

Post a Comment